I have never been what you might call svelte and I blame it on my love affair with the amazing morsels humans must consume on a daily basis in order to stay alive and not wither away into oblivion. Anything and everything I will try at least once, my Mom taught me that. Momma will most likely be a frequent reference in this Blog because she too shares my love of food and constant battle of when to say when.
My interest in food continued to develop further when my parents broke down and decided to get cable. I could finally stay at home and watch Clarissa Explains It All and All T
hat on Nickelodeon instead of going up the street to my best friends house. Life was good and it got even better when I discovered THE FOOD NETWORK!! I had always watched cooking shows on WETA and PBS, Julia Child being one of my favorites.
But now there was a channel dedicated to something that I loved! It was too good to be true. I watched day and night, night and day, absorbing everything I could about food and about the chefs. The Food Network quickly became one of the only channels I would watch, I knew there would be something on that was a little entertaining.Funny little side story: I can remember being in my kitchen around the age of 6 or so pulling out pots and pans filling them with water and putting them on the stove and pretend to have my own cooking show! I would add seasonings and flour and anything I could find to make my very own recipes. Of course nothing ever turned out to be actual food but I had a fabulous time. I would talk like I had an audience and instruct my viewers on different tasks and methods of cooking. Moving on...
Ok, so my intent with this Blog is tom drum roll please, talk about food. I know, shocking, no one has done this before and why would I pick such an obscure topic to Blog about? I want to vent about the celebrity chefs that I cannot stand
(Rachel Ray) and the ones that I love (Paula Deen). I want to go out to eat and pretend that I am a highly acclaimed food critic and come home and write about what I ate and if it was orgasmic or disgusting. I want suggestions about good cheap eats in the DC, MD, VA area. I want anything and everything about food, and Lord knows there is plenty to write about!My ideal job in life has something to do with food and I think that this Blog is a good place to start. So start suggesting my potential followers!
No comments:
Post a Comment