not know, a California roll is made with avocado, cucumber, and crab and then wrapped in nori (seaweed) and sticky rice. A tuna roll is very simple: tuna, rice and nori. The edamame was new to me (see picture). They are baby soybeans that are boiled and served lightly salted. They look like large sugar snap peas. You don't eat the pod but the pea inside, which kind of looks like a lima bean. I would definitely order them again. Not only do they taste good but they are rea
lly healthy! Edamame contains lots of protein, vitamin A, B and calcium. Delicious and nutritious! I had never had tempura either. Tempura is battered and fried seafood, vegetables and/or meat. We had shrimp, green beans, zucchini and sweet potato. What I really liked about the tempura was even though it was battered and fried, it was lighter then American fried shrimp. The coating is very light and crunchy and not too greasy. I'm sure there are still tons of calories but the flavor of the food is not disguised by the heavy batter.You can actually see the color of the food through the batter. ^I tried KFC's new grilled chicken last night while over at Shayna's house. It was actually really good but if people are eating the grilled chicken over the fried because they think there are eating fewer calories they are WRONG! The chicken is still very greasy and you still have to get biscuits and Lord knows those things are not fat or calorie free.
I am going to see The Hangover tonight with some friends and popcorn will most likely be ingested. I try not to buy movie theater popcorn because it is way too expensive, but it is soooo good...all that butter and salt, mmmmmmm (I might be drooling right now). It really is a rip-off. Movie theaters can continue to raise the prices of popcorn, candy and whatever they sell but people will continue to buy the food, no matter what. It is highway robbery I tell you. What is it about having to have popcorn and a soda while watching a movie? Tradition, I guess. Even if I don't buy the popcorn I know one of my friends will and I know my hand will find its way into the lap of the popcorn buyer at least five times before the movie even begins. I do this without realizing it too.
That is all for now! Keep reading and as always, keep eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment